Saturday, March 21, 2015

my favorite part of the week

I was asked by Elliott's teacher to come and speak to the kindergarteners during career week. Elliott and I made her a keychain for Valentine's day, and she thought it would be fun to share a "non-traditional" job with the kids. I was very excited but also a little nervous. What would I even tell them?! 

Well, I demonstrated making a metal cuff, which they loved, and showed them my tools. I told them how much I love designing special pieces for each person and how perfect it is to have a job where you can do what you love. 

I was so impressed with their thoughtful questions, and the cutest thing was when a kid asked for my autograph. HAHA. 

After I was done, Elliott's teacher gave me this giant "thank you" card. I couldn't wait to hang it in my office, above my desk.


It's signed by all of the 130 kindergarteners! 


This was the very best part of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment