Jason got his nook a while back, and he loves it, especially now that he has Angry Birds on it. Haha. He has been looking at the covers, and I knew I could make one if I just tried. People are selling them like crazy on Etsy, but I wanted to do it myself. I'm like that. So I took an old torn pair of Jason's ACU's and made this. YAY ME! Awesome huh? The velcro to hold it shut is from a sleeve of his uniform (yes, I'm serious, I'm that awesome).
The back is a pocket from the pants (yeeeeeees! for real).
And it's even functional. Go me, go me, go me. :)
The inside is a felt material, but the hooks to hold in the nook are made from the hems on the uniform. And yes, Jaymee took that pic that is on there. One of our all-time faves!
In between the layers is a plastic to keep water from getting into the cover, and a layer of batting for a little padding in case it's dropped. This has to be my greatest sewing masterpiece so far. It works GREAT. The hooks even hold in the nook like they should. *pat on my back* The best part, Jason loves it. Mission accomplished.