Tuesday, September 6, 2011

they are getting big on us

We were told we could come hang out at the Hellbush house anytime, and being that they are out of the city limits (remember the 4th of July?), I thought it would be a great opportunity to let Ethan shoot his BB gun. He was so excited. So Saturday evening, we went out and shot for a little bit, then came home.

Ethan was doing pretty good with his aim. He was at least hitting the box. :) By the end of the night, he was able to hit a hanging soda can 3 times in a row. He was walking tall.
Elliott needed to try too!
Yes, I am awesome enough that we also hit the box. 
We were invited to come back on Sunday for an amazing ham dinner, and of course more shooting.
Elliott didn't want to shoot, but he had a great time setting up the targets for Ethan and I. 
Ethan got MUCH better the 2nd day. I'm pretty dang proud.
We had a nice relaxing holiday weekend.
 Today, Ethan went back to school, and Elliott started preschool. Monday night, I asked Elliott what he was going to do at preschool, he replied "be a rock star." 
It wasn't quite the "rock star" experience I was hoping for. He had a really hard time with me leaving. They said he didn't participate in the activities, and when I got there, he was standing on the back porch watching the other kids play with tears in his eyes. He started crying as soon as he saw me. It totally broke my heart. 
On the walk home, I asked him if he had fun and he said yes, and when I asked if he was excited to go back, he said yes. So I guess that means it wasn't as tragic as he made it seem.

Tomorrow we go back to the Dr to make sure Elliott's arm is healing right, and hopefully she can just re-cast it for us. 
He really wanted to ride his bike tonight, but settled for the scooter.
He looks pretty pitiful. 
Have a great rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment