Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Another catch up post. Ooops

So my excuse is that I rarely get on the computer anymore. I can do all of my daily things on my iPhone or iPad (and I could blog from those places too if I remembered to do it more frequently). So here is another post with lots of pictures. 

Elliott is acting so independent these days. It's exciting and sad all at the same time.
For Elliott's very first ever Valentine's Day Party at school, we made this monster box for him. He loved it, and so did everyone else. 
We were eating breakfast one morning and Jason was iMessaging me (the best thing ever) and Ethan sent him this picture. 
And Elliott sent this. 
So Jason sent them this. He's such a good Daddy. The boys love when he does stuff like this.
I found a killer deal on a 3DS for Ethan, and surprised him with it after school one day. The kid is in heaven. 
We also needed to get new bindings for Ethan's snowboard. I showed him what needed done, and he and his sidekick swapped out the bindings. I was pretty proud. 
So serious. 
Feb 16th was the 10th anniversary of our first marriage (long story for those who don't know). After we got married the second time, Jason asked which anniversary we should celebrate. I said we should celebrate both! We have come a long way since that day, and I've never been happier or loved him more than now.  
Elliott and I were running around doing errands all day, and I got a call from the flower shop that they had a delivery for me that we missed. Since we were in town, we just went and picked them up. Gorgeous roses!! Elliott loved being my helper and holding them on the way home. He kept telling me how pretty they were. 
I love them! 
That night at hockey, our friend brought Elliott a gift. His very own snowboard and boots! Her son used them a couple times, and it's just been in her attic for 7 years. She was so happy to find someone who could use it. Elliott was excited beyond words. We walked in the door at home and he had to try it all on.
Friday, we tried out the new frozen yogurt place here. It's called the Frozen Moose and is just like the Billings Best Yogurt that we have been missing so much. We went with the Eckerson's and Andrea, Harlo and Everly. All of the kids (and moms) loved it.  
Saturday was Ethan's last house game as a Mite for hockey. I cannot believe he has played for 5 seasons already!  
Ethan went on a road trip Saturday afternoon, so it was just Elliott and I for the day. Guess what he wanted to do...........I pushed him all over the front yard. 
He even figured out how to get up all by himself. He makes it look pretty easy.
After Ethan came home, we headed over to the outdoor ice rink for a little bit.
Elliott will be skating by himself in no time. 
 He also figured out how to get up on his own on ice skates.
It was a big day for him. 
On Sunday Elliott wasn't feeling good, but we had made plans to go up the mountain so Ethan could snowboard. Lucky for him, our friends are SO nice and took him with them while Elliott and I stayed home. 
They had a really long day on the mountain, and loved every minute. I'm so glad Ethan got to go. I hate when he has to miss out because of us. 
I took Elliott to the walk-in clinic to get his ears checked and found out he had a double ear infection, a cold, and a ruptured eardrum. Poor kid. I'm glad we didn't go snowboarding. He fell asleep on the way home from the doctor and slept for 5 hours then went to bed and slept all night. This apparently helped because he's feeling much better today. 
Monday was a day off from school and we didn't have any plans. 
This is the kind of stuff boys will do if left unattended. Ethan decided to find out if he really could fit in his hockey bag, and yes, he can..........with room to spare. 
Elliott spent most of the morning in his jammies playing video games. He loves playing fruit ninja on the iPad. 
That afternoon, we had this! Our furnace was smoking so we got out and I called 911. I'm so grateful for the emergency crews. Everything was fine, no fire, but they checked everything to make sure we would be safe. 
Yesterday was much less exciting, and today too. The boys were being silly just a little bit ago and took some photobooth pics. I love these kids. :)  
We have a hockey tournament here this weekend, so it's going to be busy (again). Just like we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment