Sunday, March 4, 2012

Keeping busy

Last weekend, Helena hosted a one day Mite Jamboree. Being a one day event made it a long day, but a lot of fun. Elliott started running a fever halfway through the day, and ended up at home napping with a sitter. I know he's sick when he asks to take a nap. Ethan stayed to watch his friends play, and I loved getting the opportunity to watch a game with him. I think he like the time with me too. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I took from the day. I'm hoping someone caught some good shots of Ethan playing. His team was undefeated for the day and he ended up with 2 goals his first two games and a hattrick for the third. 
Later that night, the Bighorns had a big game against Missoula. Our friend, Kay was down to watch her nephew play for Missoula, and of course we wanted to watch the Bighorns win and take over 1st place. This made an already long day, really long, but it was worth it. This is a pic of Ethan and Elliott with their hockey buddies. Even though Elliott doesn't play, all the kids love him and treat him like a teammate. He always feels pretty awesome. 
On Wednesday, I went to help out another FRG for their departure ceremony. It was a really pretty day, and it was a pretty awesome sight to see when the Chinooks took off. I wanted a picture of them in the air, and tried. The sun was glaring on the screen on my phone and I couldn't see what I was taking a picture of, and when I stepped back inside I saw this. Ooops. 
Luckily, I had another chance and I caught three of them in the air. Not bad for not being able to see what I was shooting. 
About a month ago, Ethan's teacher gave me the link to the math "game" that Ethan uses at school. She said he loves it, and she is impressed with how advanced he is in math. Now he can use the program at home, and he would rather do that than play his other video games. He loves telling me how much he knows too. Lucky for me, I also love math and he doesn't get to stump me with his questions.  
On Thursday, we had our Parents vs Kids hockey game and pizza party. Ethan was bummed his dad wasn't here to skate, but didn't want me to skate (nice huh?). Everyone had a great time and smiles on their faces the whole time. The last two minutes, everyone got on the ice. It was complete chaos, but so funny to watch. 
Elliott cannot let me take pictures without demanding I take some of him too.  
Then we had pizza and ice cream and lots of other goodies. 
The hockey families got flowers for Lori and I for managing the team this season. It was such a nice surprise. Managing the team is a lot of work, but I love it every single season. Getting to know the kids and parents, and being a part of Ethan's hockey experience is something I wouldn't give up. 
We (the boys and I) have been wanting a Just Dance game for the Wii. We finally found one at the used game store, and we had to try it out. Ethan and I played for 2 hours. Elliott (bottom right corner) got mad and threw a remote, so he was grounded from the Wii and had to just watch. He wasn't so impressed. Haha. This picture was Ethan dancing to Viva Las Vegas. He loves it. 
Yesterday was our Yellow Ribbon During Deployment training. It's an all day training for me and the kids get to hang out with the other kids and they also get some training, but in a much more kid friendly way than mine. However, someone in the Family Programs loves me. Look what was on the desk. :) 
The boys wrote letters to Jason during their class, and on the envelope, Elliott wrote his own name. Not too bad, huh?  
We don't have much going on this week, but sometimes I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment