Tuesday, August 7, 2012

crafty days

We have enjoyed our time at home with not a lot of plans or places to be. We have been able to get crafty a lot more often.

First, I've been wanting to make a maxi skirt for myself for months. Seriously. This fabric was on clearance, I knew I wanted it for a maxi skirt. Luckily, this was a quick project, and it's perfect. :)
The same day that I made my skirt, I met Andrea at the coffee shop for some more crafting. This time with toilet paper tubes. Yep, that's what the "leaves" are. It was fun and easy, and we had a blast. This was my creation that Andrea is modeling.
And here it is on my wall above my jewelry desk. 
Elliott and I made rock candy. He loved being able to help. 
Then we all did some painting. God bless freezer paper. 
I made a secret picture for Elliott to find by painting in the box. 
He really had fun with this. 
Ethan was painting a mountain scene. He's my little artist. 
He has some pretty impressive skills. Watercolor is no easy task. 
This was the extent of my painting. I am not an artist when it comes to drawing or painting. 
Jason had an entire mountain bike scene going on. I was impressed. 
Later the boys and I tried a technique I found on Pinterest to make 3D art. It worked! How cool is this?!?! 
I also saw the idea on Pinterest to make your own envelopes from scrapbook paper. Brilliant. They turned out so great 
But what good is a cute envelope without a cute card to match? That's how my brain works anyway, so I made these. You gotta love getting a fun card in the mail (and not another bill). 
We even did some creating with playdough. I told you I'm not very good with this kind of stuff. Funny little frog. Haha 
Jason is back at work now, and the boys and I are trying to enjoy what's left of the summer. We have stuff going on every weekend for the rest of the month. That's how I like it. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment