Tuesday, July 24, 2012

july in a nutshell

After all of our traveling, we were excited to not have an agenda for July.
We have done things like put the new BBQ together and have meals at home. I can really only stand eating out on occasion. If it's all you do for 2 straight weeks, nothing tastes better than food at home.
The boys have loved having their dad home and helping him with projects. 
The Fourth of July we went to the Hellbush home like we did last year. I made this fun dessert to take with. 
We went to the lake for some fishing before the party.  
It was a gorgeous day. 
Doesn't this look so peaceful? 
The boys ended up just skipping rocks. This activity could entertain them for days. 
The party was fun, but I never once took out my camera, so no pictures. Ooops.

We have been taking full advantage of our non-agenda lives. There has been a lot of Wii playing.
And some other fun stuff. :) 
Jason and I even got a night off. 
We went for a hike up Mt. Helena.  
I made donuts. It's been requested that I make them again. 
The evenings at the lake are the best. The sky was purple.  
We've been to the Frozen Moose. This is a favorite for sure. 
Bike riding is also a favorite. Elliott rides like a big kid now. He stands up, does jumps, the works. But being that he is only 3, he has also had his fair share of crashes. 
I just love being with the kids and Jason.
Everyday is something new. 
I have even done a few crafts with Jason. This is our new menu board from an old washboard. 
And this project.......you can see the whole thing here on my craft blog. 
Jason goes back to work soon, and the kids and I will start getting ready for school to start again. Now I know what my mom meant when she said she didn't like school anymore than we did. It gets in the way of all the awesome stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment