Tuesday, October 16, 2012

it's fall

It's here, and we are feeling it. This is 2 pictures I took on one of my morning walks. The sun was barely coming up to the East, and the moon was still shining strong to the West. It was crazy, and I am not a fan of walking in the dark. 
Also, hockey has begun. We tried to talk Elliott into it. He loves wearing the gear, but does not want to play. I'm hoping now that we have ice, we can get him more comfortable and have him out there in January. We are all a little disappointed that he's not playing, especially Ethan. Poor Ethan tried everything to get Elliott to want to play.
He even took him outside and showed him how to pass, catch a pass and shoot. 
Elliott loved it, but is still sticking to his guns, and doesn't want to play. 
Best thing about fall is the weather. I love sweaters, hoodies and scarves.  
It is also cool enough to bake! Ethan wanted to make his favorite cookies. I forgot how many one batch makes, so we had to share with our friends. We don't need over 100 cookies in our house. 
With the cool weather and back to school comes the sickness. Poor Elliott got it first thing and it hit him pretty hard, but only for a couple days. He's back to normal now. :) 
I love decorating and can't wait till we have a house to decorate, but until then, we can do fun crafts. Jason helped me with this. 
Just glue and glitter and you have a spider web when it's dry. It's fun, but we still have glitter EVERYWHERE! 
This was our first night at the rink. Ethan is the 4th from the left. It felt good to be back and Ethan hasn't lost a thing. He's so fun to watch. 
This is nothing new for Ethan, but he just reminds me so much of myself when I was in elementary school. It's just easy for him and that makes me happy.  
After hockey last Monday, I headed over to Andrea's house for a new "do". I can't stop staring, I love it so much. It's easy and fun, and totally new. 
Here is our front porch. Not too shabby. Ethan helped with all the decorating, and we made the spider web from rope. I am quite impressed. 
I really hope that watching all this hockey will get Elliott wanting to play. 
I was asked to make a Minnie Mouse costume for Kyah this year. There is 3 yards of tulle and almost 300 sequins on that skirt, all glued on one at a time by hand. I also free styled the ears and bow. *Pat myself on the back* I can't wait to see her in them. 
Saturday mornings in the fall aren't good for anything except hanging out in your jammies and eating awesome breakfasts and drinking coffee. I made, from scratch, pumpkin pancakes with cinnamon syrup for the boys. It was so yummy. Good thing Jason wasn't home because the boys ate them all up. 
After our yummy breakfast, we headed out to the Kids Fall Fest downtown. They got to find sticks in the hay and get prizes.
Ethan learned some sword fighting, and they played some other games and did some crafts. They had a great time. 
I love how much these two love each other. Yes, they fight and bicker. Yes, they have their not so nice moments, but for the most part, they are best friends. Elliott has started really watching Ethan while he skates, and cheering for him.
And Ethan loves showing off for Elliott. He flips the puck up into the glass and "checks" himself into the boards in front of Elliott. It's so fun to watch them together. 
This weekend is Elliott's 4th birthday party. WHOA! Yeah, 4! We have big plans for a fun time, and I can't wait to post about it, but that also means I have a lot to do, so until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment