Friday, March 11, 2011

catchin' up

The past two weeks haven't been anything exciting. In fact I just looked through my pictures to see if I had one I could add to this post (because every post should have at least one right?) and I have one! ONE Picture....... and it's not even good, but here it is. *sigh

Ethan "fixed" their hair while they were taking a bath, and this was the first full sentence with more than 3 or 4 words Elliott has ever said. "Hurry up and see my hair mom!" I'm sure Ethan would die if he knew I was posting this picture.
This week started with an FRG (Family Readiness Group) Meeting. I volunteered to be the leader of our FRG for Jason's unit. It is a HUGE job, but I have great people in the group who are ready and willing to help. I'm hoping this will keep me busy while he is gone. I am already having a much harder time with this deployment than the last one and he hasn't even left yet.

On Wednesday morning, Elliott and I ventured out to the library for story time. There were a ton of kids there, and I was so proud of him for being good. He even waited patiently in line to get a stamp on his hand. Then he picked out a few books, and we went to check out. It was taking a little longer while I registered for a library card, and the lady said Elliott could pick out a puppet. I had no idea what the purpose of that was, but he picked out an owl, and she gave him the bag. As it turns out, you get to check out a kids book, and a puppet to go along with it. The book is really cute and fun, and Elliott loves the "Baby Owl". I'm interested to see what he picks next time. In the evening, Ethan wanted to go to drop-in hockey, and I must say, I was more than willing to take him. He had a great time.

The weather is getting nicer, and the boys are excited to be able to play outside. Elliott is a pro on his scooter, and loves to hang out with Ethan and the older kids that live around us.

We have all been waiting for tomorrow to get here. We miss Jason like crazy! And, to make it even more fun, we are going to Bozeman after Jason gets home to pick up Tyler! He is going to spend his Spring Break with us. We haven't seen him in a while, so it will be great having him here.

I'm sure there will be more pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment