Friday, March 11, 2011

i miss this

This time of year it makes me really sad that my kids are city slickers. I loved going to my Granddad and Grandma's when all the babies were being born. I remember the box of chicks in the garage, the way they smell, the sound of their feet scratching around, and how cute they all look huddled together. I remember watching the lambs being born, and how it would make me giggle when they would tickle my hand with their mouth as they sucked on their bottle. There were always kittens it seemed, and we even raised some of the piglets in our house. They were so cute, and my favorite thing was that every animal had a name (well most of them). I HATED the geese though. Haha. :) I feel really lucky to have experienced all those things, and it makes me sad that my kids are missing out. So I heard on the radio this morning that one of the local farm and ranch stores had baby chicks and rabbits in, and I knew I had to take the boys to see them.

Elliott was so excited. They only had 5 chicks, but Elliott could not stop watching them. I only told him one time that he couldn't hold them, and he never tried, but he did tell me everything they were doing. "Mom, chick eat eat." "Mom drink wa-wa." "Mom, TUTE (cute)."
Aren't they just sweet?
Ethan liked watching the bunnies.
When I finally pulled them away from the animals, we found the toy aisle. Ranch kids have way better toys. :)
Elliott wouldn't wear the hat. "No tail mom!" He was a little freaked out by it. I really want to go back and get the "All Terrain Tricycle" It was awesome! They both got a wooden rubber band gun and we left. They were so excited, it made my whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment