Monday, June 20, 2011

baby shower weekend

I have some catching up to do. Ooops. 

On June 10, the boys and I headed to Sheridan to visit and throw Abby a baby shower. It's been almost a year since we have seen Abby and Chris.*GASP* Elliott wasn't too sure about Uncle Chris at first, but jumped right in the middle when Ethan and Chris started fighting. 
Saturday, we headed to the park. After a week of rain in Helena, it was nice to be able to enjoy the sunshine. 

Elliott really wanted Uncle Chris to get in the fire truck and drive with him. It was SO cute. 
I love these two so much! It's hard to live so far apart, especially with their new baby on the way. 
Later in the evening, we went to visit Chris' family. I saw this guy on the side of the road, and had Ethan ask Chris to get it for him. I don't think Chris can resist Ethan. :) This snapping turtle was big and mad. We let him go after a while, but the boys (and us "adults") liked watching him. 
Isn't their view amazing?!?! 
Chris and the boys played football, shot off some firecrackers, and played with Tucker, the dog. 
Sunday was Abby's baby shower. I spent most of the day there, and Chris was excited to keep the boys for the day (well he was when I asked him to, not sure he feels the same now). This is how they looked at lunch time. Haha. Silly kids. 

I didn't take my camera to the shower, so all I have is this picture from my phone, of the amazing cake Chris' cousin, Jenny, made.  
It was a really long day, but we finished it up with a fire and s'mores.  
Monday, we decided to go up the mountain to see just how much snow was really up there. We heard it was a lot, but we had no idea! We got out to walk over to the side of the road, and Abby stepped out into it. She thought it would be hard pack, but clearly it wasn't. Yes, I am mean and made her stand in it long enough to get a picture.  
Chris is taller than I am, and even reaching up he couldn't touch the top.  
On the way home, we stopped for lunch at Bear Lodge. This place always makes me think of my Granddad.
After we got down the mountain, we let the kids out to play at the park in Dayton.  
Abby and Chris even got in on the fun.  
The river was so high and running super fast, and the whole time they were skipping rocks, I was nervous one of them would fall in. Luckily, they didn't.  
We had a super weekend, and as always, it was too short. 
Now I'm excited for September. That's when the baby will make his appearance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment