Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July weekend

I kept this surprise from the kids for a few weeks. Not an easy task considering everyone kept asking me if/when Jason would be home, and my kids hear everything I say when I don't want them to. 

So Saturday, I left the boys home with Tyler and went to pick up "milk" at Costco. They were so surprised when their Daddy was at the front door with me. Elliott's hug lasted forever and was so tight that his fingers turned white. 
After finding out that we live in the county and not the city (I love Montana), we went to the fireworks stand and for a little entertainment. We told the kids they could have $10, and we should have stuck with that, but after Jason and I were finished picking out items, we were well over budget. Oooops. We saved the big ones for the 4th, and ended up going back for a 2nd round after this purchase.  
Sunday, I didn't get any pictures, but we took the kids to the movie to see Cars 2, then we hung out at home, and in the evening, Jason and I got a sitter for the kids and had a night out to ourselves. It was so nice to get away. 

Monday, we were invited to barbecue and set off fireworks at the Hellbush house. It was such a great time. The kids played basketball, and with the dogs for several hours and the food was amazing! It's so nice to have so many people who have already become like family here in Helena.
Chris, who is deploying with Jason, had an arsenal of fireworks, and we added in ours. It made for a great show. :)  
Elliott just likes the poppers............ 
And the sparklers.  
It was a really late night, and none of us were looking forward to the next day.

We took our time in the morning, and Jason and the boys got in a quick game of hockey before we had to head to the airport. 

Jason gave Ethan and Elliott their own patrol caps. Ethan wore his for the rest of the day. 
Aren't they so cute?  
We had a fabulous weekend, and crammed a lot of family time in too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment