Sunday, January 15, 2012

before and after

Remember this? Elliott's bubble painted mug before......
Today we picked up the finished product. Don't mind the crappy yellowish photo. That's the awesome lighting in our house. It really looks awesome. He is so proud of it. 
Of course when we picked it up, Ethan was a little jealous, and he saw all the ceramics on the shelves just waiting to be painted. So I totally caved, and we stayed a while.  
Ethan and Elliott painted some tiles. 
Elliott didn't really have a plan, but Ethan knew exactly how he wanted his to look. 
We tried some stamps this time. 
They look pretty great. 
This is my coffee mug. I cannot wait to get it back. 
I forgot to get a finished picture of Ethan's creations, but he spent over an hour on 2 tiles. He was killing me. Elliott was done in less than 20 minutes, and I was trying to help Ethan and keep Elliott from destroying an entire store filled with glass. I'll be honest, I rushed Ethan after we were an hour in. He still got to do everything he wanted, and they are going to look great. 
This is such a fun way to spend a little time together being creative. I can see a lot more Sunday afternoons being spent like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment