Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy 2012

New Year's Eve was pretty laid back for us. However, I felt totally lame when the 60 something lady sitting next to me at the nail salon asked where I was going out dancing at, and I had to respond "I'm not". I'm not at all upset that I didn't go out, in fact I haven't went out for New Years in a VERY long time, by choice. I would much rather spend the night in my safe home with the people I love most (minus one this year). So we invited our friends the Eckerson's over for some games and snacks. All the kids had a great time, and A and I enjoyed some adult conversation and games with the kids. They didn't stay till midnight, and the boys were in bed at 10:00, but it was fun and I enjoyed their company.

New Year's morning was awesome. Just plain awesome. It started with Ethan coming into my room with this at 9:30. Yeah..........we slept WAY in. :)
Then I made pancakes, and some coffee, and we all stayed in our pajamas for most of the day, playing games, and just being together. Pretty perfect huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment