Saturday, March 10, 2012

this week

The morning after I posted our pictures at the park, we woke up to snow. Haha. The rest of the week has been gorgeous though.
Elliott got this backpack from the Yellow Ribbon program, and now he takes it to school everyday. He looked so cute on our walk home.
Wednesday was the monthly pre-school ceramics class that we love. This month was Easter Eggs of course. They got to drip paint all over them. 
Then use the "fun writers" to put dots on them. 
The look so fun and "Eastery". I guess I could have waited until tomorrow to post about them since that is when we get to pick them up and see how they turned out.  
On Friday, Elliott and I went ice skating in the afternoon. He's determined to learn to skate. 
Half way around, he needed a break. Good thing for the players benches. I HAVE to get new skates........these things do not like my feet. 
When I picked up Ethan, he was very excited. He won the VFW coloring contest for all the second graders. This is his picture. He wrote out the entire "Pledge of Allegiance" in the white lines.  
This is his prize. 2 gold dollars and twistable crayons.  
Last night we went to dinner and a movie with our friends. It was a big boy party, but they wanted Elliott to come too. He loves being the biggest little kid. :)  
We saw Journey 2 in 3D. Elliott said that the glasses made the movie look weird and asked why everything was going to get him. Haha.  
It was a fun night with just the moms and the boys. The movie was totally a boy movie and I don't think any of them made a peep the whole time, they were so into it. We all even jumped a couple times.  
Elliott and I slept in this morning, and Ethan stayed the night with his friends. Such a great start to our weekend.

1 comment: