Sunday, April 15, 2012

our week with Tyler

The boys loved having Tyler here. He's such a great uncle. He played "Guess Who" a million times, played the Wii with them, rode bikes and scooters, played lacrosse and hockey, and just about anything else the boys wanted him to do. 
I enlisted his help in getting pinatas made for the boys' Easter baskets. 
It was a HUGE mess, but we had fun. 
And he helped me construct candy baskets for my mom and dad to give to the boys for Easter. 
And he went to the second hand store with me, and I found a bread box that needed some love. He sanded it all down for me, and disassembled it so I could paint it. It's my current favorite project. 
One evening, we covered the table with freezer paper and we all did some finger painting. They really loved this. 
Elliott was careful not to mix the colors so he used two hands. 
And before we took Tyler back, we all colored eggs. 
I taught the boys some new coloring tricks, that I learned and loved when I was little. 
The eggs turned out great and all the kids enjoyed making them. 
We took Tyler back on Saturday, and the house was lonely on Sunday. Several times the boys asked where Tyler was because they forgot that he left. 
Thanks for coming to see us Tyler. We enjoyed having you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks it is always fun to come up with you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the freezer paper finger painting!

    ReplyDelete