Thursday, May 31, 2012

talent show

If you know Ethan, you also know he isn't really into being center stage. He prefers to not be noticed (I know it's weird that he loves his hair and clothes so much). He's a pretty shy kid, and not a big showoff so, just over a month ago, when I got the talent show tryout sign-up in his backpack and almost threw it out, but decided I'd ask if he wanted to do it first. I was shocked when he said he DID want to do the talent show, and he already knew what his act was going to be. It took everything in me to not talk him out of it. I think I know my kids pretty well, and I didn't want him to get embarrassed in front of his peers. 
The tryouts went horribly. It was in the music room at the school, and he couldn't get a good jump on his pogo stick due to the carpeting, so he stopped and ended up in tears. It was heartbreaking.
The next day when I picked him up, he was ecstatic to show me his invitation to be in the 2nd grade talent show. 
So he's been practicing on and off since then, but we've been pretty busy, and the weather hasn't really cooperated, so again, I was nervous it wouldn't go so well. Ethan, on the other hand, was certain he would rock it, and he did just that.
We find out soon if he gets to participate in the school wide talent show. He's pretty sure he will be. Haha. I'm so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment