Friday, October 25, 2013

grandma came to visit

After only one day at home, I headed out on the long lonely ride to Sheridan to pick up the boys.
I think they liked being with their Grandma and Papa. 
And they learned a lot. ;)  
Before leaving Sheridan, we got to see my nieces, who I haven't seen since they were Elliott's age! 
The ride home was long. My car needed to get to a mechanic in a bad way, and we had to drive 45mph for over 100 miles. Not only that, the car was vibrating the whole way. It was miserable. Thank goodness my mom is so patient.
The next day we started the fun. 
If you know my mom, you know we have to do projects while she's here. Being that it was so close to Halloween, we decided on Halloween decorations.
We hit up the garage sales, and took all the dolls we could find.
When we got home, we dismantled them. 
Then made them creepy. 
You barely recognize that she's Ariel now, huh? 
What we thought would be simple, ended up requiring some hard work and tools. 
Then we started putting our masterpiece together. 
Dora makes a great human centipede. 
After some paint and a crazy hair-do, it was perfection. 
We didn't have Kruger and Rose yet, but we took their Grandma over to meet them. 
They were still cuddlers. 
And the ice rink opened, so she got to watch Ethan skate some too. 
And then, he started school. 4th grade?!?! 
And Jason got to show off his work. I think she liked it. 
Then there were more doll part projects. 
The bottom head was creepy before we did anything. 
Everyone needs a candle holder like this. 
Then we had to take her to her plane. I loved having her here, and miss her like crazy. I can't wait for her and my dad to come visit next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment