Saturday, September 19, 2009

Carpe Diem.

I guess I am just a once a week blogger now. I don't understand where all of my time goes. We did have a really good week though. I worked quite a bit at Shannon's this week, and that definitely makes my day fly by. On Thursday, I had my first school open house to go to. Ethan's teacher had a slide show to tell the parents how she does things and things that will be happening. It was great to be able to hear what they are doing from someone. Ethan seems to have forgotten everything they did, each day, within minutes of leaving the school. He was very excited to show me his classroom and have me at the school. He loves school.



After we got home I was going through the paper work she had given me and Ethan saw a sheet with the upper and lower case letters on it, and was so excited to take it and trace all of them. Then he sat at the table for quite a long time and after a while, told me his arm hurt. As it turns out, he wrote the upper and lower case alphabets, and wrote the numbers from 1-93 before he went to bed. I was really impressed.



He also has been reading books with little or no help at all. I tried to get him to read to Jason on Skype, but he was too tired the night we tried and he wouldn't do it.



I have yet to figure out his obsession with bouncy balls and throwing them into the door, over and over and over. I have started making him throw them away when he does it. Not only do I not want him throwing them in the house, but the repetition of the sound is enough to make me scream. I have come to the conclusion that he will not have any left before he learns to stop doing it.



I really love my days with Elliott. He has really developed a huge personality. He thinks he is very funny and loves to dance to the songs on t.v. I have tried to capture this on video, but he hears the camera beep when it starts, and all I can get is him staring at me. He plays with the hot wheels cars and loves to crawl around and make them go. He even makes the sound for them. The other day in the car, he kept throwing his pacifier, and it soon became a game for him. In the process, he learned the word Uh-Oh, and he now over uses the word. He will stand in his crib and throw EVERYTHING out, and each time something hits the floor, there is an Uh-Oh that follows. This can be very annoying at 6:45 in the morning.



Elliott also thinks that everything in our house is made for him to crawl on top of. All of his toys, the couch, the chair, the t.v. stand, literally everything. Unfortunately, the reality of danger has not set in for him. Going off the couch head first is a good time, and he does it and laughs, then wants to do it again.



We spent most of today just cleaning and doing laundry, and then Jaymee called and invited us to meet her at the mall play area. Thank goodness. The boys were so bored with staying home. They had a great time running around and climbing on the play equipment.



Not sure yet what tomorrow might bring, but it's never dull. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment