Sunday, September 27, 2009

Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses

This week was somewhat of a blur. Tuesday was my birthday, and it was everything I could have hoped for. After taking Ethan to school, Elliott needed to go to the Dr. He had a double ear infection, so he and I stayed home and hung out until we went to get Ethan from school. Then the fun began, for me anyway. I took the boys to Shannon's, and she gave me a gift card to go to a spa and have a 1 hour massage. It was the most relaxing and glorious 1 hour I have had for a long time. I am so lucky to have such awesome friends. After I picked up the boys, I treated us to 89 cent burritos from Taco Bell for dinner. That's right, I went all out! : ) Unfortunately, I was rushed to get the boys ready for bed and tucked in so that I could go to a hockey meeting. Thank goodness for Erica. She came to sit with them while I went to the meeting. I would like to say that the meeting was great and totally worth my time, but it wasn't. This will be my life for the next 6 months. Good thing I love Ethan and he loves hockey (and he's so cute when he plays). Strange how all of that went on and I loved every minute of my birthday. Guess I am officially old and a mom. The rest of the week must have been pretty bland considering I don't remember what went on. If I missed something, just know that I don't mean to leave anyone out. Yesterday, my friend Jill and her grandson Joe, invited Ethan over to play. He had such a great time, and Jill swears she loves having him over. Then, Jackie and I went out for a little while last night. I hit all 6 numbers and won $60 on the keno machine while playing on $3, and only betting nickels, and Jackie hit all 7 of her numbers and won $500! It was SUPER exciting. In fact, we took a picture!

Today we, AGAIN, had to do our grocery shopping on a weekend. When will I learn? But it was worth it to be able to share this. Ethan has become quite a reader. I make the list and he checks it off as we go. I love watching the look on his face when he is able to read the word by himself. I also love watching him work with the words to figure them out. It has made me much more aware of my hand writing, even if it is just the grocery list.


I cannot believe that September is over, and it looks like our summer weather is going with it. Time to pull out the jackets and pants and put away the flip flops. I do love fall. Have an awesome week!

2 comments:

  1. Ethan looks so grown up helping you out with the shopping. Did you really just have your camera on you incase there was a sighting for the "People of Walmart" website :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. luckily, the camera on my phone is really good so if there were a "people of walmart" photo opp, i would be sure to catch it.

    ReplyDelete