Monday, March 15, 2010

Magic City Meltdown

It all started on Friday morning, a panicked call from another mom that she couldn't make it to pick up a donation of food for the tournament. So Jason and I got ready, put Elliott in the car, and picked up the food. We spent the afternoon getting ready for the long weekend. At 4:00, Ethan and I headed to the rink. We finished up last minute stuff, then it was GAME TIME! Ethan's team played in the first game against the Bozeman Ice Dogs. Billings won 2-1, but it was a nail biter. As you know from my earlier post, the games were broadcast live. Jason helped out in the birds nest, filming, so we didn't get any pictures. After the game, I sent Jason and the boys home to get to bed. I stayed and kept score until almost 10pm, and we had to be back at the rink on Saturday morning at 6:15. YIKES! I know. Surprisingly enough, we did make it on time and the boys were in good moods. Ethan played against the Gillette Wild, and the score ended in favor of Billings, 6-1. Whew, 2 down, 2 to go. Ethan and I stayed at the rink and helped with the rest of the morning games, then we came home at 11 and met Joe and Tyler for lunch before going back to the rink. Ethan's next game was at 3pm vs the Miles City Generals. Ethan got to play goalie for this game, and only let in one shot (there weren't many more than that though). The score ended up 15-1, Billings. The whole team decided to "dog pile" on Ethan (the goalie) at the end of that game. I thought my poor little guy was a goner. :) He LOVED every second of it. Ethan and I stayed at the rink, and Jason took Elliott home. Ethan and I headed home about 8:00. Luckily, Ethan's team played in the Championship game at 11:45 on Sunday. They played against the Wyoming Young Guns, who were also undefeated for the whole tournament. It was one of the most exciting games I have ever witnessed. Our boys played amazing! And because she is the best, Jaymee brought Raigan to come watch. She not only brought snacks, she brought her camera. I'm not sure she was ready to see the insane hockey mom in me come out in full force, but she caught on and she and Raigan joined right in.



So here he is, #5. He skated so well this game. I couldn't be more proud.
Let's hope this interrupted a play.  :)
He's so cute!
I couldn't believe my eyes, MY son had a chance at a breakaway on an empty net! I almost had a heart attack! Don't believe me? Ask Jaymee.
You guessed it. DOG PILE! 7-4 BILLINGS! They won the championship! Undefeated for the WHOLE SEASON! GO JR BULLS!
Getting his medal.
The whole team.
He's so proud!
And while Jaymee was taking pictures, Jason got some Raigan time. Love this pic.

Yes, it was a lot of work, and we spent a lot of time at the rink, but what an amazing weekend. It was so much fun, and especially watching our kids play so awesome. The Billings 1/2 ice team took 6th, the other full ice team took 3rd and the teal team took 1st. Huge thank you to my husband for taking on the job of Mr. Mom for the weekend, and to all who came to watch and cheered from home. It's nice to know Ethan has so much support.

Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment