Friday, March 26, 2010

spring break begins

First, a quick story. On Wednesday, we had our parent teacher conference with Ethan's teacher. His report card was great, and so was her review of the last two quarters. He is very smart, and a really good student. Takes after his mom I guess.  :)  Well, last week, I knew these conferences were coming and normally that would mean that there is either no school or 1/2 days. I checked the school calender about 5 times to make sure I wasn't looking at it wrong, but it said nothing about either of these, so I assumed it was a normal schedule. That is, however, until I got a call from the teacher that it was in fact a 1/2 day and they had been out for 20 minutes and Ethan was still at school. I rushed to get him, almost in tears the whole way there. My poor little guy, stuck at the school, not knowing who, if anyone, was picking him up. I didn't feel so bad when I got there and every teacher and office person was on the phone trying to get a hold of parents for the 20ish kids who were still at the school. Yeah, lack of planning I guess. Oh well.

It is nice to have him home early, and I have been working on a lot of jewelry. I have some bright colored pieces for summer (on the right). Erica asked me to make her some bracelets using magnetic beads to see if they help her arm. They turned out pretty cute, and her wrists are small enough that I have a lot of beads left over, so I will probably be making more. Hopefully, she will have enough different ones that she can wear them with everything.
Jaymee planned to take Dereck out for his birthday tonight, and asked if I could keep Raigan for a while. No problem, I said. Then I remembered that Ethan has hockey on Friday night, and Jason had to work. Still, they both walk, and listen for the most part, so I took on the task. After getting them both out of the suburban (Ethan helped), we started walking into the rink. I said, Raigan hold hands please, and she grabbed Elliott's hand and off they went for the door. It was ADORABLE to say the least. They were so good, and kept each other entertained for the hour we spent there, and in the car they were both in a trance watching the DVD player (thanks Grandma and Papa). It was not hard at all.
After taking Raigan home, we came home, put Elliott to bed and now Ethan is in bed.

Today started Ethan's spring break, so we are going to try to get some extra ice time in, and get Elliott on the ice. Pictures to come, I'm sure!  :) 

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment