Wednesday, August 25, 2010

on the first day in the first grade

Apparently Jason needs to work on his mind reading skills. :) Unfortunately, he failed this morning at it, and didn't figure out that I wanted him to bring the camera with us on our walk to the school. He did have it in his hands, this picture is proof. But then he put it on the table and we left. *sigh*
So we have no traditional 1st day of school picture for Ethan's 1st day of 1st grade, but maybe I can manage to get some 2nd day of 1st grade pictures tomorrow. :) 
On with my story...........
Ethan was so excited, he was up and ready to walk out the door at 7:57. Literally, he was opening the door and heading out to walk by himself. This was the beginning of my "My baby is all grown up" kind of day.
We all got ready and walked him to school, and of course when we got there, he went straight to where he was supposed to be, walking with all the other kids and parents. I stopped him and said, "do you want us to walk with you?" "No, I can do it myself" was his response. Of course he can........*sigh* After a hug and a kiss from Ethan; Jason, Elliott and I (with a lump in my throat) headed home. This was the number two thing in my "My baby is all grown up" kind of day.
Elliott was a little thrown off, not knowing what to do since he couldn't pester his brother, but he decided he would just drive me crazy instead. He succeeded.
After nap, Elliott and I walked back to the school to pick Ethan up. I couldn't wait to hear all about his day, his new teacher, and how great it was to see all his friends again.
Instead, Ethan came around the corner, hugged his teacher good-bye, and ran to give me a hug. He then turned around and said, "Can I go to Cael's and play?" Thing number three in my "My baby is all grown up" kind of day. I said he could, and he handed me his backpack and said "There is stuff in there you need to look at." Thing number four.
Then he turned to go with Cael and his mom, and I said "we can all just walk together." since they live across the street. Well, Ethan walked with Cael, and I talked with Cael's mom on the way home. He is too cool to walk with his mom and brother. And this was thing number five. *sigh*
When I finally had a chance to talk to him, he informed me that 1st grade was easy, and he thinks he's ready for 2nd grade. Haha. I told him that 1st grade is supposed to be fun, so maybe he should finish it.
I'm glad he had a great 1st day of 1st grade.

1 comment:

  1. SO SO much like his mother......but I love ya both, grandma

    ReplyDelete