Sunday, November 21, 2010

birthday weekend

Friday night, I took Ethan to watch the Bulls game and let him bring Cael. They had so much fun cheering, and luckily, the score was 19-1, Bulls, so there was a LOT of cheering.

Saturday, Ethan had 7 friends plus Raigan and Carson (they are more like family) over for his party (fyi: too many kids for our house), but he had a GREAT time! I won't go into details, there are a lot of pics (thanks Jaymee!). I had to post his reaction shots, they are the BEST!

"MOM! I GOT A Wii GAME!"
"DUDE!" 
"YEEEEESSSSSS!" 
He loves this hat (good find Erica). He wore it all weekend. 
"New TechDecks!" 
"Ramps!" 
This thing, I cannot wait for Jason to come back this week and figure it out. It is a bug that has a remote, and it crawls and flies. It looks awesome! 
And here is Elliott's reaction. "What the..... HEY! Where are the gifts?" 
I feel really bad about my lack of planning for the cake. It's totally generic because I procrastinated, assuming I could find a soccer topper that had goals and players and such. Yeah........nope. So he got this.  
Jaymee got a kick out of his face, he told me later that he closed his eyes so his wish would come true. I wish I knew what his wish was so I could try to make it happen. 
The kids gift bags were a huge hit! Yay Me! They got "poppers" in them, and everyone had a blast. 
Some of the poppers took longer to pop. Carson's seemed to take forever, but he was patient. 
And we got this reaction every. single. time. Priceless. 
After the party, Jason and I went out, and the boys went to Shannon's (thank you!). Ethan ended up staying the night. So this morning Jason and I took the opportunity to get some shopping for gifts done. Then Jason took Ethan ice skating. It was such a busy weekend, it's kind of all a blur.

Thanks to everyone for making Ethan's birthday so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment