Friday, October 2, 2009

IF............For one day

If for one day I could wake up when my body says I am ready to wake up, instead of being SHOCKED awake by the obnoxious blaring beeps from the alarm, or the banging on the wall from the baby, or the need of a 5 year old to have help getting breakfast.

If for one day I could take a long hot, uninterrupted shower, instead of a quick in wash and out to quickly rush to the aid of a baby who has finished his breakfast, or the 5 year old who needs to know what matches his blue shorts.

If for one day I could take my time getting dressed and ready, instead of having an audience and sharing the bathroom with a baby who thinks he needs to open and shut every door 100 times and a 5 year old that HAS to brush his teeth RIGHT NOW.

If for one day I only worried about me, instead of worrying that the baby may break something, put something in his mouth, fall from something, etc, etc, or a 5 year old finding his backpack, his socks, his shoes, his coat, his hockey gear, making sure they are both fed, bathed, and have a great day.

If for one day I had a maid, instead of me cooking, doing laundry, doing dishes, taking out the trash, sweeping, mopping, picking up toys, cleaning up breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and the list goes on.

If for one day you could walk in my shoes, you would see that I am possibly the luckiest Mom in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment