Thursday, September 23, 2010

mom was here!

My mom flew in last Thursday. We spent most of the day just hanging around, and that evening was the Billings Bulls first home pre-season game, so we all went. The boys loved it. And how sweet is this picture. Ethan always puts his hand around Jason like that. <3 it!
Montana welcomed Mom with 50 degree temps, wind and rain and mist. Friday was COLD! Bet she was wishing she had stayed home in Arizona where it was 107 degrees. After Ethan got out of school, we took him to find the things he needed for his Halloween costume. He and Grandma worked on it, and he is very excited about it.
He will be a scary 3 headed monster! He has face paint and I just have to pin down the heads.
Sunday, Mom and I loaded up the boys early in the morning and headed to Sheridan for a full day of visiting. It was good to see my cousins, and a few other people I haven't seen forever. The boys had a good time visiting their Grandpa and Uncle Tyler.

While Mom did some of her visiting I took the boys to the park to run off some of the energy they built up riding around. They loved it.
Monday we dropped Ethan off at school and drove to visit my great-aunt in Forsyth. It was a fun, short trip. Then that afternoon, Freedom came so that Mom could meet Maddox. He is doing awesome, and getting surprisingly big. We got lots of cuddle time with him.
Tuesday I had a bunch of errands to run, and then Mom wanted spider earrings, so I did that. They turned out great!
Wednesday was my birthday, Jason brought me a coffee, and Erica and Carson came over in the morning to visit. For dinner Mom took us to Chinese. It was a nice birthday.

This morning, Mom flew back to Arizona. The house is quiet and lonely without her. The boys really enjoyed having her here. She spent a lot of time singing with them, and Ethan read almost every night to her.

Jason finally got a position in Helena, and he starts on Tuesday. He is extatic, and I am so proud of him and greatful for what he has been putting up with while waiting for this job. For now he will travel back and forth, and when the time is right, we will move to Helena.

So basically, it was a really great week. Now I guess it's onto the weekend. Whew. That wasn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment