Monday, September 6, 2010

we all went our seperate ways

It started on Friday, we picked up Ethan from school, then he went to stay with his friend Emma, Elliott stayed with my friend Laura, and Jason and I headed to Helena for a wedding.

Emma and her family took Ethan to Missoula with them to see a Montana Griz football game. He was so excited to go. He even got a Griz shirt so he would fit in.
Elliott and Laura hung out all weekend. They went to an art gallery, to Erica's to play with Carson, out to eat, and even to the Corn Maize. Check out the bruise on his head. Haha. That's how I know he had a good time.
It was strange for Jason and I to not have to keep track of the boys all weekend. Look at this location! Gorgeous! Who knew Helena had something so beautiful?
Ethan forgot his camera in the hotel, so these are courtesy of Erin. This is Ethan at his first tailgating party.
And having a Shirley Temple with Emma. They are best buds.
At the game. He loved it!
This is the lake in Helena. I think this made my mind up that we could actually move there.
Jason walking up the isle. Isn't he handsome?
Seriously, the quickest wedding ever.
And...........Let's party!  :)
Oh, and eat.
Jason stole the sombrero. What a dork.
Jason and I came home Saturday night. Elliott was so excited to see us Sunday morning. Unfortunately, Jason had to work all day, so it was just Elliott and me until Ethan came home.

Again, courtesy of Erin. This is on their way home. Look at those toothless kids. So silly.
Ethan took this by himself. Not too bad. Definitely a keeper.
So we came home to a HUGE surprise. Erica bought me a microwave for my birthday! Ours broke a while back, and it just was not in our budget to get a new one. She never ceases to amaze me. She is always so thoughtful and generous. It brought tears to my eyes thinking about how special she is to me and my family while I was taking it out of the box.

I was going to have Ethan take the giant box to the trash, and he said "can't we make a spaceship?" Of course I said yes, and he and Elliott wasted no time getting started.
As they were working, Ethan said "Can you believe we just got this new toy?!?!" It's truly the little things that bring them joy.
They played forever with the box. It was a spaceship, a drum, a car, a dragon like in the Chinese parades, then they even used the flaps to make skateboards, snowboards, and surfboards. I'm sure Erica didn't realize how far her gift would go.

We all had a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. your hair looked so cute! and we are BOTH lucky to have erica... : )

    ReplyDelete