Wednesday, September 29, 2010

something new

Ethan has been begging me to make him a necklace. I have asked him several times what he would want it to look like, and it's always the same answer. A gold chain. Ugh. No. So I have been putting it off. I just didn't want him wearing a gold chain. A few days ago, it came to me. HEMP! Yes, I can totally do that and it will be awesome!

Today I made it to Hobby Lobby with my coupon to buy some hemp cord. When I got home, I did what I always do when I don't know how to do something, and I Googled it. Wow! So simple. I got a couple cool skulls at the bead store, and when Ethan got home from school, and Elliott was napping, we started. Ethan was so excited! While I worked on his necklace, he made his own bracelet.

He couldn't get the 4 string pattern down, so he did a more simple 2 string knot pattern. He picked out his own charm for it.
The necklace turned out GREAT!
And so did his bracelet. He is so proud of them. He cannot wait to wear them to school tomorrow.
He is one happy kid.
It was so nice to spend some one-on-one time with him, doing something for him. I'm sure it won't be long before he is way too cool for me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment