Tuesday, September 14, 2010

such a bad blogger

Well, I finally have a few minutes to myself. Kids are in bed, and Jason is at work, dishes are done, laundry is done, and I am not completely exhausted, so I better get the blog updated.

Friday, Jason had to leave early to get to Helena for an eye test, then he had drill all weekend. He has been told he is deploying next August, so he has to get ready. He is going as a crew chief this time, something he has wanted to do since day one. Even if it does put the biggest lump in my throat, and brings tears to my eyes when I think about it, I support him 100%. Everything he does, he does for the boys and me.

I finally got an opportunity on Friday afternoon to give back a little to Erica. She has kept Elliott for me so many times, I was more than happy to have Carson over for a while so she could have an "adult's only" lunch. Carson didn't cry at all when she left. He loves the toys at our house, and the mac-n-cheese isn't bad either.

Saturday was a full day. I took the boys to the park in the morning. They played basketball, ran around, and played more basketball. That afternoon was Ethan's first ever soccer game. I only have one picture because I only brought the video camera. Bad mom.
But at least there is video! Ethan scored 2 of the 3 goals for his team (they don't keep score, but the kids and parents know what it was). The first goal was his, and he scored within the first 3 minutes of the game. I was still fighting with Elliott to sit down, and didn't have the video camera out yet. But let me tell you, he was excited! My friend's son, Nate, is in 6th grade and has played soccer for a while. He stayed with me after his own game to watch. He was hoping to give Ethan some pointers, but was more excited to see that he didn't need to. He said Ethan is awesome!  :)  Nate did some recording for me and he missed Ethan's 2nd goal. Oooops. I'm sure there will be more during the coming weekends. Unfortunately for me, I think Ethan really does like soccer. I guess it's okay since he is pretty good at it.
Sunday we just hung out at home. The boys still love their box from Erica. Ethan filled it with pillows and blankets and they watched cartoons for a while. They have been getting along so good lately. It's awesome.
Jason didn't get home until late Sunday, but lucky for him, he had Monday off. The boys are always so happy to have him home. Last night, we moved the bunk-beds into "Elliott's room", and the other room will be the play room. I can't wait to get it organized and get all of these toys out of the living room.

My mom will be here Thursday, and then we will be busy again. I will try to be more prompt in my blogging, but there is no guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment