Friday, October 29, 2010

before it's too late

Carving pumpkins is something I love to do. Not so much the process of, but the outcome. There are just so many possibilities! The night of Elliott's birthday party, before Jason had to go back to Helena, we got out our prize pumpkins from the pumpkin patch and dug in.
The boys weren't so sure about the guts at first, but Ethan didn't take long to warm up to the idea. 
I can't wait until he can do this all on his own. He kept wanting to wash his hands after every clump he brought out.  
Elliott tried a handful, got grossed out and spilled it on the floor. He thought the spoon was a much smarter way to do this. 
He really wanted to help. 
We cheated and used patterns. While they look cool, I think we will skip the patterns next year. They are way more of a pain than they are worth. 
Sunday night got much to late, so Monday after Jason left, the boys and I painted their small pumpkins. They really got into it.............well, you'll see. It started out so innocent. Ethan's says "I love you mom and dad".
Elliott could not figure out why I thought finger painting and getting messy was a good idea, but he got the hang of it after a bit. 
They had so many colors they couldn't remember which one was in which bottle. 
Elliott kept getting paint on him and was wanting to wash it off every time, so I decided to make it more fun for him. I painted a smiley face on his stomach. Of course Ethan couldn't be left out (remember the tattoos Chris?).
Elliott thought painting himself was so much more fun than on the pumpkin. 
Ethan has never been impressed with my art so he added his own. Don't worry, it's acrylic paint, and they were in the tub washing it off soon after we were done. They even had fun washing it off. Haha.
I'm pretty proud of our pumpkins. They turned out perfect. 
They look great on our steps. 
Tomorrow starts a weekend of Trick-Or-Treating! I can't wait!

Have a safe and happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment