Monday, October 4, 2010

crazy montana weather

Exactly one year ago, we had a HUGE snow storm, it was freezing cold and caused the entire city to run out of pumpkins. It was terrible. In fact, this is the boys on our way to school on Oct 5th last year.
This year, well, it's GORGEOUS! It's been in the 70's everyday, and sunny. The leaves are turning and falling. It is a perfect fall.
Ethan got to play goalie for his first time in soccer on Saturday. He did ok, but he should really stick to forward and defense. He gave it his all though.
He practiced these kicks all week. He was looking forward to this game just so he could put it to use.
Yesterday was another amazing day. The boys and I hung out in the front yard while they played in the leaves. Elliott had so much fun.
And of course, so did Ethan.
Elliott is so funny. His tongue was hanging out of his mouth the whole time.
Throwing the leaves was their favorite part.
After lunch, Ethan went to a fishing birthday party. I asked him if he wanted Elliott and I to go with, and he was really excited that he had a choice and asked if he could just go by himself. *sigh* I have to admit I'm not totally disappointed I won't have to attend too many birthdays with him anymore. Fishing was a big hit. He even caught a fish! 
It was a really great weekend, and the weather is supposed to hold out for this weekend too! Yay!
Our busy month starts tomorrow. This is the time where soccer and hockey overlap. Eeeek. No available evenings for a while. I hope I can keep up.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. and being the good friend I am I'm adding a toddler to one of those nights! I'm dope. : )

    ReplyDelete