Thursday, October 28, 2010

won't my mommy be so proud of me?

I bought these candy molds for my mom to use. She makes the COOLEST "Graveyard Cake". She usually buys a bag of plastic skeletons then cuts them up, but I thought edible ones would be so much better. She decided while she was here that I needed to make Ethan and his class "Graveyard Cupcakes". She has a sneaky way of putting these ideas in our heads and not being around to help make them happen.  Haha.
Ethan and I made a bunch of the pieces one afternoon and put them in the freezer for another day. They are pretty awesome. 
Today was the day to bring them to life. I started by baking cupcakes this morning. Elliott snuck up onto the counter and stole one while they were cooling. It was so dang cute to see him with it all over his face, I couldn't even be mad at him. After school, I sent the boys outside and started frosting.  
Then I colored the "grass" and sprinkled it on. 
I crushed the Oreos and made "dirt". 
They were starting to come to life at this point.
I used the squares from mini Hershey bars for the head stones and added a little white frosting to look like writing.
And last, I added my skeleton bones sticking out. Sometimes I impress myself.
The teacher preferred cookies, but how do you tell a kid we have to do lame cookies when he has his heart set on "Graveyard Cupcakes"? You don't.  :) I did wrap them all individually like she asked. (Dang the camera hates the crappy light in my house)
The kids are going to LOVE them!

Happy Halloween Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME, I love them....I could not have done any better myself....give yourself an A+

    ReplyDelete