Monday, May 16, 2011

student of the month

Ethan's teacher nominated him for Student of the Month for April. :) When she told me that she had chosen him, she said, "Ethan has been working really hard in both reading and math, he is also a great leader and helper in the classroom. Ethan is one of those students that other kids enjoy being around and look up to. I am very proud of all his accomplishments this year!" Let me tell you that hearing this put a huge smile on my face for days. He truly is a special kid, and we could not be more proud of him.

So, on Friday afternoon, I went to the school to watch the Student of the Month Assembly. There were way too many kids in one place for me, but it was fun to see how excited they were for each other.

All the students came in and sat down, then the "Eye of the Tiger" song started blasting through the speakers and the kids who were student of the month came walking in with huge smiles on their faces, and waving while all the other students cheered and clapped. Too cool!
 This is Ethan's teacher. She's awesome! Can you pick out Ethan?? Haha.
As each kid was announced, they came from behind this wall and ran through the banner. It was fun to watch, and they loved it. I was waiting for Ethan, but wasn't sure if I would have time to grab the camera when his name was called. Luckily, I could see his hair over the wall.  
He ran out........through the streamers.......... 
Across the stage....... 
And I wasn't sure he would slow down enough to grab his certificate and treat. But he did. 
When he went back to sit down, his friends crowded around him to see what he got. I do enjoy watching him with his friends. He has lots of them.  
I really hope he never stops enjoying school and being good at it. He makes it so easy to be the mom of a 1st grade boy.

1 comment: