Sunday, May 8, 2011

mother's day 2011

Today was nothing very exciting. Jason and the boys bought my gift a few days ago. It was exactly what I asked for and we all went to the store to pick it out. It wasn't a surprise, but I also wasn't disappointed. It's a cutting mat, ruler/edge thing, and a roller fabric cutter (those are all technical terms).

Then Ethan made me this book and bought me a candle at the Dollar Store. The book is perfect. I love everything about it. It is supposed to be like a TIME Magazine interview with Ethan, about me. He did awesome.
The start of the story says, "Mrs. Guge (haha) is a good mom. Right now she is busy raising two children. She is cool. She is awesome and a fantastic mom."
Some of my favorite pages say:
Q: What do you like best about your mom?
A: She loves me and my brother.

Title: World Record Holder
Ethan: Mrs. Guge is a world record holder. She makes the best whoopie pies.

This book is something I will definitely hold onto. I can't wait until he's 16 and hates me and I get to pull it out and show him that he thought I was the best mom in the whole world. :)

This afternoon, we got to spend sitting outside in the wind and the rain watching Ethan's soccer game. This is pretty much how we all felt about it. He did have a goal though, and his team won, so he had a lot of fun during the game.  

Jason made dinner, and I made Whoopie Pies, and now we are all just hanging out and getting ready for bed. It was, all-in-all, a good day.

I also had to share this:

I totally stole this interview from a friend's blog who stole it from someone else's blog. :) I chose to not try to get Elliott to focus on answering these, and just stuck with Ethan for this year. He was not that impressed with it, but here are his answers.

1.What is something mom always says to you? go to bed

2. What makes mom happy?
doing what you tell me

3. What makes mom sad?
when a nail breaks (really? it doesn't make me sad, but it usually hurts and pisses me off)

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
hehe when you tell jokes

5. What was your mom like as a child?
that one's hard........how old? 7, 6, I don't know you were probably good

How old is your mom?
27, 28, yeah 28

7. How tall is your mom?
I don't know. I'm thinking 6 foot something. Are we done?

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
make beads (also known as making jewelry I'm sure)

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
go eat and go to the store like you did on your date night

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
making beads (again, I'm sure he meant jewelry)

11. What is your mom really good at?
making necklaces (closer), how many more questions?

12. What is your mom not very good at?
ummmmmmm ummmmmmmmm football?

13. What does your mom do for a job?
make beads (jewelry)

14.What is your mom's favorite food?
chili (this is his new favorite that I make)

15.What makes you proud of your mom?
when you make my favorite food

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
probably the princess from Princess and the Frog (crazy kid)

17. What do you and your mom do together?
homework, how many more do you have to ask?

18. How are you and your mom the same?
we both like hockey

19. How are you and your mom different?
shoes (not sure where he was going with this)

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
you take care of me

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
he takes you out to eat and to the store (maybe he will be a good husband someday haha)

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day.


 

1 comment: