Friday, May 20, 2011

window clings

I found this tutorial on this blog. She is doing a "Save Our Summer" theme, and I am LOVING it. There are so many great ideas to keep the boys busy this summer. This was fun, but more for Ethan than Elliott.

Instead of plastic shapes, I just had the boys pick out a page from a coloring book and put it under the plastic. It worked great because the pictures are just outlines, and very simple. We did them in the evening (hence the pajamas and terrible lighting).
Ethan felt so big getting to use puffy paint all by himself.  
This was my plastic mat. The big black spot in the right hand corner was Elliott's contribution to the project. He had fun with that. 
The next day, we peeled them off and hung them up. Cool huh? The names didn't work too well, next time I will put a shape around them so they don't stretch and break.  
We will definitely do this again. Maybe they could do this project when they stay at Grandma and Papa's this summer............ :)

3 comments:

  1. Hope so....love it gma

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! thanks for sharing!!! I am glad you are enjoying the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you even Hung the black abyss. Lol good job Elliott!

    ReplyDelete