Wednesday, August 17, 2011

it helps

On our way to the fort today (to drop some stuff off), from the back seat Elliott says, "I want to pick up my dad and go home. I miss him mom." 
Um, Yeah, me too buddy. :( 

I guess I just didn't think Elliott was really old enough to feel that way. It's almost daily that he says something like this though. 

Jason has been so good about writing letters and keeping in touch. He's called a few times, and chats with me almost daily somehow. It really does help a lot to be in contact with him. The boys love to be able to see him though, so sometimes we get to Skype with him. It's funny how they want to talk to him, but once they see him, all they can get out is "hi" and a bunch of smiles and giggles.
Nothing can take the place of having him home, but we are getting by.
We miss you like crazy Jason. Muah.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! Made me cry, and I don't even really know Jason.

    ReplyDelete