Sunday, August 7, 2011

phoenix part 2, the finale

The day I got back from Kentucky, all I wanted to do was see my boys. I missed them so much. We all got our swimming suits on and got into the pool. Elliott was still a little weary of the water, but held my hands while I swam with him into the deep water. I let go, and before he knew it he was on his own. He was so proud of himself, and was all over the pool and loving every minute of it. :) 
The next day, I drug my mom all the way across town (this is a long way in Phoenix) and we went to the Play It Again Sports. Ethan was in need of new hockey skates, and I was hoping with it being a larger population I would be able to get a good deal. Well, good deal I got! Not only did he get the ice skates he needed, the roller hockey skates were 50% off! So I got both Ethan and Elliott a pair. 
Elliott was pretty unsteady, but walking in the grass helped him gain some confidence, and he had fun too.
He stayed on the grass that day, but was using help and going on the sidewalk the next day. He'll be skating in no time.
Later, Ellett and her kids came out for some swimming. D'Vonte loves his "Efan". 
Jumping in is definitely a favorite of all the kids.
This is a terrible picture, but it was so cute to watch the 3 little kids play together, make up games and laugh and giggle.
Best Buds!
Aren't they cute?!?!
Saturday, I took Ethan, Elliott and Dominik to the Science Center. This exhibit was a favorite of course. It's the stomach, and you push the button to make gurgling and farting noises as you slide out. Yes, they are definitely boys.
Another favorite was the sneezing nose. You put the balls inside the nose, push the button and it sneezes and shoots the balls back at you. 
The maze exhibit was really fun. 
They were hooked to a rope and had to untangle their way out. 
This maze you had to do with your feet.
Tricky.
We didn't do much the next day, but it was nice to just hang out with my parents. Elliott showed his Papa how to play Angry Birds. Papa was showing him another game and Elliott said "You have Angry Birds?" Papa said "I don't know buddy." and Elliott responded "Ya you do, right there Papa." :)
Monday, we went to Sea Life. This was a first for both boys.
The puffer fish are the coolest. They really love the little kids and have the cutest personalities. This one really liked Elliott.
Ethan didn't want to touch the starfish, but with a little help from Papa, Elliott tried it.
Elliott loved all of the fish.
Looking down onto the rays. 
Inside a fish bowl. Haha
Elliott really liked looking at the "Pokies" (urchins). 
The shark tank!
Not sure what they are looking at in there, but I love this pic.
The jelly fish were so neat. Sorry for the crappy photo though.
The tube through the tank even had a glass bottom. 
After the fish, we walked by the Rainforest Cafe and the crocodile caught our attention. 
My older sister, Shelley, and her kids came to town that day too! It's been almost 6 years since all of the cousins have been together. 
More swimming.
This is why we love "big" cousins.
I love these littles.
If you look under the waterfall, Ethan is enjoying his time with his cousins too.
First time down the slide! He just decided since all the other kids were doing it he would too. 
Luckily he didn't get too scared the first time, and he went again and again and again.
He also decided by himself that since everyone else loved jumping in, he would also give that a shot. He is unstoppable now.
Tuesday, the boys and I took Grandma Mac out to lunch. The boys entertained her with their "skills".

She was very proud. Haha. 
Dominik started football practice so we went to watch. He's in the red bandanna.
They had to drive the other kid out of the circle. Dominik was the champion that night! 
Our last full day together was fun. We went to the mall (all 12 of us) and the kids rode the carousel. 
Korey and Elliott.
Dominik.
Ethan.
Then my sisters and I took the kids to see Grandma Mac and get some pictures with her.
Left to right: Dominik, Kasi, D'Vonte, Korey, Daunte, Elliott, Ethan, Grandma Mac, LeKyah.
Left to right: Shelley, Me, Ellett and Grandma Mac
Then we did some family pics by the pool.

Before we left, we got a few more pics. Love this of me and my boys.
Whew. It was a great vacation, but we are so glad to be home. Tomorrow morning starts hockey camp for Ethan. We just can't sit still. :)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice presentation Amber!!! I really enjoyed everybody while they were here. We need to do it again and again... Love you guys!!! Dad

    ReplyDelete