Saturday, November 24, 2012

hockey trip #1

While hockey practices started a while ago, our first travel games were last weekend in Glasgow, MT. Not exactly an exciting place to go, but the hockey was good. :) 

Friday morning, I packed everything up and got us ready to go. Ethan is a "Squirt" this year, and they get really awesome jerseys. He also got to pick his number.
Arctic Circle was our dinner stop along the way. The boys loved the saddle chairs. 
Then, by the time we got to the hotel, it was bed time. Somehow, I lost a bet a I didn't know I made and ended up sharing my bed with Elliott and Ethan got his own.  
Saturday morning was game #1.  
This is always my favorite part. Can you spot the maroon helmet? 
Ethan had some great plays, and he owned that blue line. He's an awesome defender. 
He's still pretty much the smallest kid on the ice, but he makes up for it. 
I just love watching him play. The way his brain and feet work together amazes me. 
And I love the celebrations when they score. 
I was the "momarazzi" and I had a sidekick. ;) 
This was the best idea I've ever had. We bought some milk, fruit and cereal for Sunday morning since we had an early game. It made it so much easier on everyone. 
Ethan had a couple breakaways, but couldn't get it in the net. 
I did so much yelling, I had a sore throat and my voice was kind of horse for a while.
Yeah, I'm "that" mom. 
They ended up winning zero of the 4 games, but they played their butts off. I'm not going to say "it doesn't matter if you win or lose" because we all know that is BS, but I was pretty proud of our kids. They learned a lot, and worked hard. 
No hockey this weekend or next, but I'm looking forward to Idaho Falls in a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment