Monday, November 5, 2012

my first 5k

Not a day in my first 29 years of life did I ever say to myself, "I'd like to do a 5k race", NEVER. But guess what, I decided in August it was going to happen, and it did. I didn't run, but I did walk really fast, and it felt like it took no time at all to finish. Probably because I had 2 of my best friends by my side (Jaymee and Lori), they are both just as chatty as I am, and we picked the most fun race ever to do. The "Color Me Rad" 5k in Billings. 

First of all, their website is just funny. It's sarcastic and witty, and just my type of people. This photo is directly from their site, Lori and I were trying to decide if we'd be able to shower after the race and not look totally crazy on the way home. 
This is my very first ever race number! I still cannot believe this happened. I am grateful for all of my supporters, family and friends who said I could, but I am mostly proud of myself.
Lori's son, Grayson, joined us for the race. He is awesome! Elliott came with, but didn't race, and Ethan stayed home to go to a hockey game and hunting with Jason. We got checked in, and got our glasses, can you see how excited we were?
Saturday morning was race time. Elliott woke up and said to me "don't forget that today is the big race mom". I'm not sure if he was, but it made me feel great that he was as excited for me as I was. Here is our before the color picture. Nice and clean.
And a naughty, moms-only, before pic.
My great friend, Laura, is a saint. Seriously, she was more than happy to hang out with the little kids while we raced, and they love her!
She is the coolest too! They were not bored at all.
It's not easy to keep 2 four year olds entertained in a big open parking lot with not much to see. I'm telling you, she's amazing.
Here is a during-the-race shot. Lori was pointing at my arm that was completely covered in bright pink.
And someone was amazing enough to catch me looking like a pro, running to the finish line.
Here is our after the color group shot.
Grayson had a HUGE green spot that looked like he peed himself. Haha
And here is my after shot.
We did it! 
Somehow Jaymee got the cutest little blue heart on her cheek, love is all around.
All the moms after shot.
Elliott wanted in on some of the coloring. 
And there it was.
I loved all the outfits people wore, and seeing so many people out to have a good time.
It was crazy in all that powder. 
Thank you to Erica for inspiring me, thank you Laura for helping with Elliott, supporting me and for taking photos, thank you to Jaymee for coaching me and letting me race with you, and thank you to Lori for cheering me on and joining me.You were right Lori, I'm hooked. I can't wait to do another race. Who would have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment