Sunday, June 6, 2010

first saturday of summer

Yesterday morning, the boys and I made rainbow chip ice cream cone cupcakes. Even at 9:00am you can't let perfectly good cake batter go to waste.
He licked up every last drop. It was so much fun to bake with them both. Ethan got all the ice cream cones set up for me and helped get out the ingredients.
The cupcakes were for the little get together we had at the park with our friends to celebrate Ethan's graduation and school being out. Joe and Tyler came up, Erica, Carson and Jessica came, and several of Ethan's friends from school.

Elliott and Carson liked the cupcakes, but mostly just the frosting.
All the kids were hopped up on sugar from the cupcakes and Kool-aid.
Just when I thought it was over, a game of roller hockey broke out and we were at the park until 9:00pm. I definitely want to spend more evenings like that through the summer.

Today is rainy and chilly outside. Ethan's friend (let's give him a name so I can stop saying that), Cael, invited him over to play, so Elliott and I did the dishes, and watched a movie. Now he is napping, and I am enjoying the quiet. Elliott has a really hard time understanding why he can't be outside all day again today. Poor kid.

Tomorrow, Jason leaves for a month of training in Helena, and Tuesday, the boys and I fly to Phoenix. Elliott and I will be back in a week, but Ethan is staying until the 8th of July. It's going to be a long month for Elliott and I without Jason and Ethan.

Well, I better get busy. Happy Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Did you bake the cupcakes inside the ice cream cones?? If so that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete