Wednesday, June 23, 2010

lovin my baby

Elliott has changed so much the past couple weeks. He is not as wild (well not all the time), and has become somewhat helpful, and super cuddly. He is still getting into everything, but has learned (believe it or not) some limits. He can open the fridge now, so that is a new challenge, but for the most part, he is really growing up. Usually when I shower, I shut him in the bathroom with me (the kid eats dish soap, so I have to contain him) and he brushes his teeth. Lately, he has been really good, and I came out of the shower to this today. He hadn't messed with a single thing, he was just sitting and reading his book. I was shocked!
He has started repeating a few words when he is asked, and even tries some harder ones. He doesn't talk on his own yet, he still just points and makes sounds. He will shake his head "no" or nod "yes" and say "Uh-Huh" if he does want something and you guess right. It can be frustrating.

Considering his lack of speech, he has done amazingly well with Potty Training Boot Camp. Today, he went all day with no accidents! We even ventured out of the house and he made it until we were home again. I took him to the park tonight, and decided to go without a diaper. He made it, dry the whole time, and when we got home he was dinking (cause that's what he does) and he wet his pants. I was disappointed in myself. I knew I should get him to the bathroom faster, but he didn't seem to be in a hurry. Oh well. One accident, that was kind of my fault, on day 4 is so good! We didn't use the timer today, instead I just asked him if he needed to go and he would nod and say "Uh-Huh" and run to the bathroom. I am so proud of him.

Enough "potty" talk. Sadly though, that is the excitement in my life right now. :)

Have a great end of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment