Tuesday, June 1, 2010

boys will be............

Some of this you may find inappropriate to blog about, but it's my life and it's my blog.

The last couple weeks I have really noticed my babies turning into boys. Growing up with 2 sisters, I don't think that I really knew what I was in for. Boys are daring, gross, rude, naughty, and really really fun.

First, daring. Ethan wasn't bad when he was little, but now he is crazy. He climbs up trees, the monkey bars, the slides, he jumps his scooter, and does wheelies on his bike. I truly believe he is out to see just how many scars he can acquire before he's 10. Elliott is just as bad. I think it's mostly because he sees Ethan having a great time being daring, so he wants to do it all too. He has tried to ride the scooter and the bike, he tried to climb the tree and the slides, he even wants to do the monkey bars. The kid has no fear and I see broken bones as well as several scars in his very near future.

Next, gross. I'm sure your mind just went crazy with all the ways boys are gross, and I bet my kids haven't even scratched the surface of gross, but they disgust me sometimes. Here's a short story that made me laugh. Ethan used the bathroom while Jason was standing there and Jason came to me later, so proud. "Ethan pees using only one hand," he said. "And?" I asked. I could see the excitement in his face, clearly this was a big deal that I was unaware of. "Ethan can pee, without his pants around his ankles, and he only uses one hand to aim!" he said. Now I know. I didn't realize this was some sort of "coming of age" thing for boys, but now I know.

Boys are also rude. I don't mean in their actions, well not all the time, but in their humor. Farts are funny. They are. Even to me. But really? Do you have to announce when you fart? Any time Ethan is with his friends, they work farts into their playing. Today at the park, they made fart noises all the way down the slide. They laughed so hard, every time. This goes along with thinking that smelling their feet is funny, that the word "poop" is funny, and that pretty much any word that is gross is also funny.

They are naughty too! Ethan is always teasing Elliott, and Elliott hits, kicks and takes things from Ethan. They deserve each other. :)

Through all of this, they are also so much fun! They like to do just about anything, and the fact that it doesn't require me to play with Barbies, tea cups, or baby dolls makes it even more enjoyable. They love the dirt, the bugs, every kind of ball, and most of all they love to be outside. They look cute in just about everything, especially their Mohawks, and they think everything is funny. I really enjoy watching Ethan play with Elliott and engaging him in all sorts of activities. Elliott has such a great time hanging out with Ethan, and takes it all in. They are great brothers.

I loved them as babies, but I cannot get enough of my boys.

1 comment:

  1. there is no denying that your boys are a BLAST and absolutely awesome but I have to admit that even with a vagina my kid is pretty fun too : )

    ReplyDelete