Sunday, February 6, 2011

helena tournament

I forgot the camera on Friday night, oooops.

Ethan and I were at the rink at 6:20am, Saturday. Eeeeek. He told me on the way there. "It's gunna be a really dark day. Huh mom?" Silly kid.
Ready to ROCK!  
His first game was vs the Billings Jr Bulls Teal team. Yep, he had to play against his alma mater. He didn't hold back though. (Note: in all these pictures he is white jersey #18, green socks, yellow laces, white face mask) 
This is one of my favorite pictures from this weekend. Ethan is the one on he left, and his friend, Tyler, on his new team is sitting. It made me laugh. 
Lined up against his good friend, Tyler, from Billings.  
He gave Paulie (white helmet), from Billings, a run for his money. They were after each other the whole game. 
Ethan vs Paulie again. 
All in fun. Ethan and Tyler, from Billings. Good game.
Jason didn't have to leave until 9am on Saturday so he got to watch the game vs Billings. Then we had some hot chocolate, and said good-bye. He is gone for 2 weeks. Ethan loves when his Daddy watches him play. 
We spent all morning at the rink, waiting for Ethan's second game. This is also one of my favorites from the weekend. Mr. Smartypants decided he would make the call. "NO GOAL!"  Pretty much the only picture worth sharing from that game. After nap time, the kids and I went to pizza with the Billings families, and Ethan went to their hotel and swam for a couple hours. They will always be our hockey family.
I forgot the camera again this morning, so after the first game I ran home and got it. Ethan stayed to hang out with his friends, and when I came back I found this. A game of floor hockey going on in the corner. Even after 4 games in 2 days, they can't get enough. It was fun to see Ethan hanging out with kids from both his new team and the Billings team.  
Man I love my boys!  
Elliott loved wearing his big brother's hockey hat all day today. All things considered, he was so good for me all weekend. 
Here are a couple action shots from this morning.  
I absolutely love watching Ethan skate. His agility, speed and puck handling is incredible.  
Elliott was cracking me up. He wanted me to take his picture in my sunglasses. This was my favorite.  
More awesome skating by Ethan. 
And done. Great job this weekend Helena Bighorns! 

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Ethan! Can't wait to see you guys next week. I shouldn't have told Carson quite yet because that is the only thing out of his mouth :)

    ReplyDelete