Thursday, February 24, 2011

kids vs parents

Tonight was the last practice of the season, and it was time for the parents to take on the kids. This is always such a fun night for everyone. Ethan spent the afternoon giving his Dad a little "smack-talk". It's funny to see how confident he is about his skating over Jason's.

Then it was GAME TIME!
(Ethan would have been in this picture if he wasn't too cool to be around us and already over on the bench with his friends)
Within seconds of being on the ice, Jason was surrounded by kids zipping around him. It really is a challenge to not run or trip over them. It seems like they are everywhere. 
Aren't they cute? 
Who would have ever thought that Jason and Ethan would be sharing a bench? Certainly not Jason. He even said tonight "I wish I would have played hockey when I was younger." It's growing on him. 
Ethan seriously thinks he is SO AWESOME (it could be because will tell him he is everyday). He comes out stretching before his shift. It makes me laugh. 
Then there was the inevitable fall. My stomach jumped into my throat, and my heart stopped, for a lot of reasons. 1) I really didn't want to spend my night at the Emergency Room 2) Jason is supposed to leave tomorrow for training 3) Jason is supposed to deploy in a few months 4) Mostly, I just didn't want to spend my night at the Emergency Room (I'm selfish like that).  
It was a BIG fall. He cracked the back of his head right on the ice, I heard it hit. But only seconds later I saw this. That HUGE smile. He was fine, and having a blast. Notice Ethan came to check on his Dad.  
The game was great, and then everyone was on the ice, and it was on. Ethan went directly for his Dad. I'm so glad they got to skate together. They both really enjoyed it. 
Jason leaves in the morning, and the boys and I are heading to Butte for the Squirt B tournament. Ethan has 2 games tomorrow. I can't wait to see if our team can hold their own. If nothing else, the hotel has a pool and a hot tub.   :)

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment