Saturday, February 19, 2011

stuff from this week

Some pics of things from this week and some exciting news. 

Elliott is so funny lately. I love his personality (most of the time).
On Wednesday, Elliott and I ventured out while the weather was nice. I needed to go to the bead store, but (like everything in this town) it doesn't open until 10:30. While we walked around, we found the Dip-N-Dots ice cream shop. They also serve coffee, so they were open. Nothing says Mother of the Year like ice cream at 10am. :) 
This is my first attempt at a brimmed beanie for Elliott. It's made from a t-shirt, and i drew the dinosaur on it with fabric marker. It's not too bad. 
And more crafting this week, another dress for Kyah. This one is strips of t-shirts all put together.  
And a necklace I made. Love the colors. I'm so ready for spring. 
The next two necklaces were custom orders. It's nice to be back into my beads.  

Jason got home today from California. Unfortunately, we only get one week with him before he leaves for 2 more weeks of training.

I am excited for the weekend coming up. Ethan was asked to play on our Mite A team in a Squirt B tournament in Butte. For those who don't know, a Mite is a 7/8 yr old, and a Squirt is a 9/10 yr old. There is a huge difference in ability between the two age groups, but we are taking our best (A team). I'm hoping it's at least competitive even if they don't win a single game. Ethan was chosen by the coaches as a great skater, and they believe in his ability to compete at this tournament. He is only a first year Mite (even though this is his fourth season of playing), his teammates are 2nd year Mites and will be Squirts next season. I am so proud of him and how hard he works. All of this, and he brings home awesome grades too. Let's hope he never loses these traits.

Well, I'm off to spend some time with my family. Have a great weeekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment