Monday, January 11, 2010

Success!

Etsy is a BIG place. There are hundreds (literally) of people selling jewelry, but last night I had a fellow shop owner look at my stuff and ask for two pairs of earrings. Sounds simple right. Yeah, not so much. She told me which items she liked the colors and designs of best, and then left it up to me. I racked my brain all night, and didn't get to sleep until 1:00am thinking of what and how and wondering if I could actually make her happy. I can always make things to please myself, and possibly a few others, but to make specific items for someone I don't even know, with very little direction, almost made me crazy! Well, I came up with these.

I love them. I was so impressed with myself, but I still had to impress my customer. YIKES! After I sent her the pictures, I was so nervous. I must have checked my email 100 times, waiting for her reply. Finally it came. "those earrings are OMG more than i could have hoped for...i'm very excited". Yep, that's what she said. WHEW! Such a relief and a huge accomplishment. So to go along with this excitement, are these! A fellow Etsy seller, makes pillow boxes, which is what I like to use to put my jewelry in for shipping. She made custom boxes for me, using a red embossing, and hand drew all the lips, and even made earring and necklace/bracelet cards for the insides. They are incredible, and give a little something extra to my business. So, I guess, all in all, I had a really great day. : ) Hope you did too.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool and I am so proud of you!!!

    Love you

    Dad

    ReplyDelete