Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Update from the Guge's

Monday was a GREAT day, but let me start with the weekend. On Saturday, I had planned to drive to Helena with the kids and stay over night to pick up Jason on Sunday. However, the weather was NOT cooperative, and we ended up with 6-8 inches of snow on Friday, and the same again on Saturday, along with winds up to 45mph. Needless to say, I was not going anywhere, and I was very upset about it. Dereck, bless his heart, was insistent that if I did go, I would need to take his truck. It was that bad. All I could think was how crappy it would feel to be Jason and get off that plane and know that no one was there to see you. Ugh. We did come up with a different, and less stressful and dangerous plan though. Even one that cost us less money! YAY! Jason flew out of Helena on Monday evening and landed in Billings. So much easier for me. Monday afternoon, Erica called and took the boys and I to Dairy Queen for a much needed outing, and of course some ice cream. I took this picture on our way in. It's pretty close to the sweetest thing ever.Then, when it was time to go get Jason, the boys and I met up with Jaymee, Dereck, Raigan, Erica, Andrew, Carson and Jackie at the airport. Unfortunately, Jason's plane was an hour late so we had to entertain the little ones for what felt like forever! They were fun to watch though, and the airport was less then crowded, so they had full run of the place. I told Jason he would have to call me when he landed so I could come get him. He was surprised to see us all waiting for him. Ethan made this sign, and Andrew blew it up REALLY big for him to hold. It was so cute. Finally, Jason came, and we all got to go home and go to bed. A huge thanks to my wonderful friends for coming along and giving him the welcome he didn't get in Helena. I know it meant a lot to him.
The next morning was not exciting, but I did get to see this. It made my WHOLE day.After Ethan came home from school, we got to have our Christmas as a family. It was fun to watch the kids with their gifts, and how excited they were just to have their dad home.
We played a new game they got for Christmas, and I made homemade potato soup for dinner. It's so nice to just be a family again. Thanks to everyone for your love and support and well wishes over the past year.
Right now we are just enjoying our time being together, and we would like to not have any visitors. After we are settled in, and back into our routine, we'd be happy to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment