Saturday, February 20, 2010

We survived the sleep over.

I know, two food posts back to back, but really....this is a new favorite for sure! I mean it. It's really good!
Baked Stuffed French Toast
I have to post the recipe. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

8 slices of bread
whipped cream cheese
strawberry jam/preserves
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
cornflake crumbs
1/4 C melted butter

1. Spread cream cheese on a slice of bread, then spread on jam. Put another slice of bread on top. Repeat for all 8 slices. (Makes 4 total)
2. Combine eggs, vanilla, milk and salt into a shallow dish.
3. Put cornflake crumbs into another shallow dish.
4. Grease a cookie sheet and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
5. Dip bread into egg mixture then into cornflakes on both sides, then place on cookie sheet and drizzle with butter.
6. Bake at 450 degrees for 10-13 min.

I put syrup on mine, but Jason didn't. It's good either way, and very, very filling. My eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach. I assumed we would all eat at least 2, but I was stuffed after one, and Ethan only finished 1/2 of one. Let me know what you think.

Last night was a success. It did come to my attention that Jason and I are the epitome of "modern parenting" considering that at 6 years old, Ethan had his first buddy sleep over. This being after several years of having girls stay over. A little backwards maybe? Josh and Ethan had a blast! I was kind of nervous to see how wild they would be and how late we would be up, but they were so good. They played so well together and even let Elliott play for a while, and at bed time, they went right to sleep. Impressive, I know.

Today, we are a little bit off schedule. Ethan doesn't have hockey until this afternoon. Not that we had plans, but it is always weird when schedules are switched around. Elliott is getting the cold or whatever that I had, so he had a really tough time sleeping last night, and woke up at 6am. I hope he gets better quick, early mornings make for really long days with him.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment