Sunday, April 25, 2010

growing our own

I don't have a green thumb. No really, I don't. It's totally by choice. I'm sure I could grow things if I wanted to. I don't know what got into me this year, but I decided to put the little garden area in our front yard to use. At first I wanted to do flowers, but then it annoyed me because they are a lot of work, and useless. Pretty, yes, but useless. So today when we finally went to the store, I decided to do a few veggies instead. I still don't like "gardening". I don't like dirt under my nails, I don't like digging up weeds, or even taking the time to water, but I am determined to make this work. I remember being little, and even then I hated helping my grandma weed and plant and water the garden, but I loved picking the veggies. Loved it! I wasn't a big fan of eating them, but give me a break, I was little. Ethan and Elliott both eat their veggies, thankfully. I can't wait for things to start growing, Ethan will be so excited.

Since we are in Montana, it's still a little chilly. We are starting our plants inside and today, we planted the seeds.
Ethan is too much like me. He was NOT impressed with his dirty fingers.
He couldn't wait to wash his hands.
Here are a few. I don't know why I thought one package of seeds would only be 5 or 6 seeds. I was so wrong. We have 40 cups planted, and still have carrotts to go. Right now we have cucumbers, zucchini, and green beans. I am getting excited just writing this.
Good thing I have friends because I'm positive we will have WAY too much stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment