Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WARNING! EXTREME "ICK" FACTOR

Elliott and I walked to school to get Ethan, then on our way home, we went across the street to play at the park. It was the perfect day for it! I even invited Erica and Carson. The kids had a great time playing, running, climbing and sliding. Jason called on his way home, and said he would bring cold drinks for everyone, so we waited for him.

Right before he got there, Ethan came running to me, crying and holding the back of his head. When I turned him around, blood was EVERYWHERE! Blood doesn't freak me out, I just go into "mom mode" and took off toward the house, almost forgetting Elliott, but Erica was awesome as always and said she had him. A lady, who was with a daycare at the park, had gauze, so she gave us that, and Ethan held it on his head while we walked to the house. Head wounds DO freak me out, and Ethan seems to be prone to them.

This is only a fraction of the blood that was on him. His hands were covered, the gauze was soaked, and it was all over his shirt.
After getting into the house, I got the bleeding stopped and I tried to wipe it off, with no luck, so I stuck him in the bath and poured water over it. It didn't look too bad, but he was really upset, and it was hurting really bad, so I called the Dr and they said to go to the ER. Ethan did not want to go. It actually upset him more.

Jason convinced him he would be ok, and got him in the car. Elliott and Jason stayed home, and I took Ethan to the ER. Ethan wouldn't even talk to me. He was MAD!

After a root beer popsicle, a staple in the back of his head, and Wendy's for dinner, he was right back to himself. :) Jason took him to go get DQ for a treat. I think he's going to live, but I could do without another one of these, at least for the summer. *fingers crossed*
The best part of the story, is the part I wasn't even there for. Erica said after we left, all the kids could talk about was what I said to Ethan. Not the fact that he got hurt, or there was blood everywhere, nope. They were shocked that I had told Ethan to "Shut-Up" when I was trying to see what had happened. Yep, that's me, Mother of the Year!

2 comments:

  1. dude. the kid has got talent. You realize that today he was doing some dumb trick to impress girls on the monkey bars, ten years from now...well, just look out... : )

    ReplyDelete